Now offered in Hannibal too! Your optometrist at the SPECS Quincy and Hannibal locations is an exclusive provider of the Optos Optomap Retinal Exam, an ultra-wide field retinal vision exam. This revolutionary diagnostic tool allows clinicians to view a majority of the retina. The Optomap Retinal Eye Exam is a non-dilating camera that captures a 200° high-resolution image of the retina in a single shot – without dilation – in a quarter of a second. It’s easy for the patient, takes just a few minutes to perform, and is immediately available for review with the patient in the exam room.
Benefits of Optomap Retinal Screening:
- It allows for enlargement of an image to see a more detailed view of the retina.
- It takes just a few minutes from start-to-finish, rather than approximately 45 minutes with dilation.
- You leave the office with vision intact, rather than with light-sensitivity and blur.
- It creates a more permanent record.
- The doctor can review images with patients immediately.
As your premier eye doctor, we’re proud to bring you the advanced technology that makes all the difference. Please let us know if you have questions about Optos Technology.